PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- Information we collect about you
When you visit the Site, we may collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device-related Information.”
We collect Device-related Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Information you give us
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, you provide us with certain information, including your name, billing address, shipping address and parameters around the customization of the order or its shipping, payment information (including credit card numbers, Paypal), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Additionally, we may collect the following personal information upon your explicit consent thereto, for the purpose of sending you our newsletters or other marketing material (hereinafter referred to as “Newsletters Subscription Data”): name, email address.
Visitors subscribing without placing orders are equally valuable to us and are protected to the exact same standard as customers for all intents and purposes.
- WHY WE USE YOUR DATA
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). This information is necessary for the performance of contract with you (e.g. to deliver the products you have purchased in our websites).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- We also use your order information to pass it to the courier company to deliver the parcel.
- Subject to your explicit consent, we use newsletters subscription data exclusively for the purpose of sending you our newsletters or other promotional material.
- We use the Device-related Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). By accepting cookies you give us your consent to the use of device-related information.
- We also use your Personal Data for remarketing including (but not limited to) Google adwords, Facebook ads, Mailchimp and Contact Pigeon and Shoelace. We process your Personal Data for marketing purposes only when you give your consent thereto, which you may revoke at any time without any detriment.
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION/DATA
We share your Personal Information with third parties that help us provide you our services, as described above. Namely:
- We use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--/to assist us in the improvement and optimization of our platform - you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. To this end, we also pass your personal information to FB to create more targeted ads.
- We share your Personal Data with payment service providers for the purpose of completing your order;
- Also, we share your personal information with Mailchimp and Contact Pigeon to send you newsletters and keep you informed with our latest offerings.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to any lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING
As described above under paragraph 2.4., where you have provided your consent, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications (by email, SMS or direct mail) we believe may be of interest to you.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You may have the right to object at any time to the use of your personal data for “behavioral advertising”. For more information in this regard, see paragraph 8 below.
In addition, You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
- SECURITY OF YOUR DATA
We place high priority on the security of your personal data. We apply appropriate safeguards to protect against foreseeable loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, unauthorized modification and improper disclosure. We store your data in secure facilities and implement systematic processes and procedures for securing and storing data. We limit access to your personal information to only those of our employees who need to know the information in order to perform their duties and we insert our best effort to ensure that third parties who perform services on behalf of Sun of a beach also insert their best effort to keep your information confidential.
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD COUNTRIES
Some third parties mentioned under paragraph 4 are located outside the European Economic Area (“E.E.A.”). In such cases, some personal data may be transferred across international borders outside the E.E.A., and more specifically to Canada and the United States. In such cases, we give our best to ensure that such transfers are protected by the appropriate or suitable safeguards for your rights, by choosing either countries that provide an adequate level of protection, or by transferring data to third parties with certified compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
Pursuant to the current legal framework on the protection of personal data, you are entitled to exercise the following rights:
- the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected or updated;
- the right to object to or restrict the use of your personal data, only to the extent of personal data that are not processed for purposes of legal compliance or contractual performance;
- the right to withdraw your consent at any time in case where the processing of your personal data is based exclusively on your consent;
- the right to ask the erasure of your personal data, under the condition that this particular data processing is based solely on your consent;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to contact the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (tel: 188.8.131.520, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) in case you are dissatisfied with how we process your personal data.
- INFORMATION RETENTION
We retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil any contractual obligations related to your purchase, such as refunds and guarantees, and to comply with any legal requirement.
- CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have any questions or concerns, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, Phone: +184.108.40.20688, +30.210.723.1646, or by mail using the details provided below:
Karneadou 25 , ATHENS, AB, 106 75, Greece